I want to take a moment and congratulate you on your engagement. It is a most exciting time in your life . I want to share some great secrets to marriage that I have learned in the past 9 years . I wish someone would have do this for me. I want you to keep this and refer back to it at least 2x a year. That way you don’t forget the things I am going to share with you. OK now that we got past all of that here we go.
- Remember it isn’t 50/50 on everything. It is 100/100 . That way you both know you are putting your all into everything you do.
- Make sure you speak and understand each other at all times. refer back to my post on The Key to a Strong Relationship is Speaking the Same Language
- When you are talking and you loose your attention , Be honest instead of saying you heard everything.
- Don’t play games in hoping they will guess what you are thinking.
- If you have a need or a want , share that information. They will never find out on there own.
- Make sure you have the same goals for your family
- have a good understanding how you’ re going to raise your children , if you desire them.
- Remember you both play for the same team.
- Realize when you say I do , your immediate family connection has changed. It is no longer mommy or daddy that is your next in kin.
- always make sure you have your partners back no matter what.
Just a litlle side note. Your not really married till you have kids. That is when the fun begins.