I have been married for 9 years this past May. It hasn’t always been a a walk in the park. When my husband and I said “I do”… we took that to heart. We had decided that no matter what we will do everything it takes to have a successful marriage. So about 4 years into out marriage we decided we are going to need some extra support in having a strong marriage. The “extra help” had given us some tools to use. I was able to pull together the
Top 10 Ways To Keep Your Marriage Strong
- Stay honest.
- Speak your mind when you are thinking it. If you wait to long your spouse might not understand where you are coming from.
- Be truthful, sometimes brutal honesty is the only type of honesty. The truth hurts, so it isn’t always easy.
- Stay friends- don’t forget why you got married to begin with.
- Spend quality time together. Go on a date once a week.
- Laugh together.
- Sit down every few months and re-evaluate your life goals. Make sure you are always on the same page. Support each others goals and dreams.
- Don’t compare your marriage to any other. Every relationship is different.
- Have sex regularly. That leaves no room for fighting over that!
- Be in love … Not just have love for each other.
We had caught slack for having a strong marriage. I had heard to many times that we all can’t be perfect like Dana & Chris. Well folks… perfect we are not. Truly committed ….we are.
Committed to each other. We knew we had to try everything before we walk away from a marriage that we put all of ourselves into. We also had 2 children that would be damaged for life if we didn’t at least try.
So here we are 5 years later and stronger than ever. Do we fight?…. I wouldn’t call it fighting anymore. It is more like debates. I couldn’t imagine at this point in my life wanting to share it with anybody else but Chris. We share the same goals in life. We both want a life of abundance. We support each other in all our dreams. We are powerful as a team. We are successful because we want to be!